About this Event
The two-day Open Source London Computer Society virtual conference helps IT professionals to overcome the Open Source Software Development Challenges.
Component-Based Software Development has become a popular approach to building software intensive systems. Besides using Commercial Off-The-Shelf components, an organization may choose to use Open Source Software components. Using OSS has been reported to have many benefits, but there are also challenges involved. Understanding the potential challenges of using OSS in developing products is important for practitioners, so they become aware of them and can anticipate them and take appropriate measures to address these challenges. We have performed a thorough review of the literature to identify challenges that may arise, as reported in the literature. This paper presents and discusses these findings. Researchers can discuss potential causes and solutions of our synthesized findings as well as benefit from provided references to literature on OSS challenges as input for future research.
The two-day Open Source London Computer Society virtual conference is also available as a client customised private course via EventsX. Please contact the course administrator for details.
The Open Source London Computer Society virtual conference is already being delivered to a number of private organisations and the feedback is excellent.
Who should attend:
The programme is particularly suited for:
- Software Engineers
- Software Architecture
- Policy officers
- Information professionals
- Communication & PR professionals
Why you should attend:
- The straight-forward training will turn the complex into the simple and equip delegates with the practical skills needed to improve their research skills and access relevant and trusted information to assist decision support
- All the digital tools used are free and easy to use – they are cloud services and can be accessed after the training on any PC, laptop, tablet or mobile
- Gain hands-on, practical skills and the confidence to immediately use advanced search and research skills in everyday work
- Create an Open Source London Computer Society dashboard (using the free version of Hootsuite) that can be used immediately for everyday work and enhanced over time
- Learn how to identify influencers, enhance information gathering and improve decision support
What are the benefits:
- Practical, applicable, hands-on training that can be applied immediately
- The course includes practical exercises to assist learning
- Increase productivity
- Confidence and empowerment based on acquiring practical hands-on skills
- Understand the advanced search capabilities of Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Hootsuite as well as a range of additional digital tools
- Learn how to identify influencers, enhance intelligence gathering and improve decision making
What previous delegates have said about the course:
"This should be a mandatory course. So many of us could benefit from knowing how to conduct more focussed searches for data or identifying influencers that this should be a "must-do" for most across the network"
"The information on Google advanced searches will really help me out with research and will save me lots of time"
"I loved all of the practice sessions - they helped lock in the learning pretty quickly - learning by doing!"
"Andy was a great instructor, kept the drumbeat moving and gave really helpful actionable insight"
What you will get:
- Two-day virtual training from an expert
- Delegate numbers limited to a maximum of 500 per course
- One-month help-desk support by phone or e-mail after the training